Saturday, January 1, 2011

Being nothing.

新年快樂! Happy New Year! Buon Anno! Gelukkig nieuwjaar Manigong Bagong Taon! Bonne année! Ein glückliches neues Jahr! 새해 복 많이! Feliz año nuevo! Feliz Ano Novo! Heri za Mwaka Mpya! С Новым годом! Gëzuar Vitin e Ri! سنة جديدة سعيدة!
in all languages since I'm celebrating this New Year with the whole world in Italy. LITERALLY.
these past few weeks have been pretty crazy since all the preparations for the festas festas festas.
yesterday, today, everyday there's a celebration!


Celebration of each and every moment because there's no moment in the day that is unimportant. 
each and every moment I try to live it fully with my whole heart, soul and mind as if I was born for that single moment.
To let nothing distract or take me away from living each 'present moment' to its fullest.


but of course I fail many times when I start to think of daily worries, or problems, frustrations..many things. And last week was one that I failed living the present moment because my close friend from England came to spend 3 weeks with me and the 45 other girls. And since we've know eachother from before we had many moments of miscommunication this past week; in the way I said something, she understood it in a different way; and vice versa. But each and every time we restarted, apologize and try to see the person with new eyes. 
It's always one thing to say sorry and another to really ACT upon it.
And couple days ago, she was upset and I really wanted to talk to her but many times we had miscommunication problems like I said (so I didn't know how to approach the situation). But anyways I went to her room and I saw her focused on her computer reading something. In my heart I really wanted to talk to her, but I knew that was "my will, my own desire." In that moment, I let go of my own desire and thought to try to love her in the way she would want to be loved, which was not to disturb her. So I decided to also read beside her, and we were both in silence. After a few minutes, she started to talk to me, and then began talking about why she was upset. From that moment, I felt such a peace and freedom in my heart after we had talked and "restarted" AGAIN.
So to really serve the other, we really must be of "nothing," which is to lose our will, lose our desire to fully love the OTHER as they want to be loved.


Thanks for reading;
CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment