Wednesday, January 12, 2011

never stop TRYING to LOVE

Love?
What is this word that I always use in ever blog post, that I always say that I try to love the other, my boss, my friend, my brother, my grandma?
Today, this question was asked ..
to think of what the definition of Love is?
In the society we live in today.
Love is defined by the emotion between a husband or wife,
but isn't love also between one another,
simply treating the other as you would want to be treated.
that is love put into action.

"to love the other as you would want to be loved."

just a small experience,
Last week I was for the first time sick, with headache, pain in my throat, and my nose was congested. I woke up with no energy, and not the same Donata that is usually so alive.
After a little while, I realized even in this sickness, I have to try to try to continue to think of the other, to love the other, and still put the other before myself, and to give the same self that is "healthy." Even though physically I didn't have the energy to. So I started to try in the small things.
My friend from Brazil was leaving that day to return home, and she had many things to do, and I offered to lend a hand. Or in the kitchen I saw many unwashed plates and cups, I cleaned them. Each and every time, physically my body was saying no, but I thought that in this small suffering, it's even harder to love, and it's only real love if it's HARD. And later on I tried my best to nap, but the whole time the pain in my head was horrible, and I just lay there in my bed. So I got up and it was 10 mins before going to mass. I saw my friend setting the table, and in my mind I was thinking shouldn't you do this after mass because  now we gotta go. But I stopped thinking of "my own will," but again to think of the other, to love the other as they would want to be loved even though physically my body was in a lot of pain. I started to help her with the plates, and she didn't want to just do her table, but help someone else do their table. So without saying a word, and rushing her (like I usually do), I continued to help her. And later on we went to mass (arriving on time...thank God), and she wanted to sit at the back of the church. In my mind again, I always like to sit in the middle, but it was another opportunity to lose my will, and continue to love her as she would want to be loved. Throughout the whole day, in the smallest opportunities I tried and tried to love, to give to the other the same Donata that is healthy.

to never stop trying and trying to Love and serve the other even through the moments of difficulty.

No comments:

Post a Comment