Friday, September 2, 2011

PORTUGAL!


14th Stop: Lourinha, Fatima, Peninche, Lisboa, Portugal

Can’t tell you how much I’m in love with this country, it is the place to BE. To be relaxed on the beach, to be enjoying the beautiful warm sun, to be walking along the coastline- that is exactly what I did in Portugal. Just standing on top of a cliff overlooking the clearwater beaches reaching the horizon as the sun set just makes you realize how much greater we were born for. The smaller I felt, the more I realized that there’s “SOMETHING GREATER” to be lived for and to give my life for...
Maria and Elizabeth

I’m looking for something different
There’s more to life than hate and regret
I started a great revolution
Changed my conviction
And now…
I live for something greater
Greater than the world could offer
Discovering Love as the answer

United world let us build together.

So I began my journey of from Day 1 to Day 80 around Europe in 14 countries, 44 towns/cities, with this song, these are some of the lyrics.

 It sums up what I have done,
this revolution of Love started within, to bring a change starts with BEING it... BE the CHANGE you want to see in the world. (Gandhi)

So I’m one girl, one person, but on this journey I’ve LIVED this message of LOVE- many obstacles, but I overcame, my struggles, but I never gave up and many failures, but I restarted again.

This lead to people being curious and asking-the girl from the airport in Paris, the guys on the plane from India, the businessman from Ireland, the guy waiting in line from America, the skateboarders roaming around in London, the man on the train from Austria and all the rest, people wanted to know.

 I never spoke, just lived, just brought love to whomever, whenever, and wherever I could.

Just loved...

that lady who just arrived into the country by understanding
that family that I stayed with by caring
that hyperactive child by listening
that handicapped man by sharing
that elderly carrying her luggage by helping
that sister without something to drink by giving
that brother without something to eat by sacrificing

in each person, no matter background, colour, gender, religion, social class, I saw as not just a simple person, but a brother, a sister, that has the basic understanding and capacity to be loved and to love.

Love is the universal language.

That is why,
I don’t speak it,
iLive it.

Like Gandhi once said,
“My life is my message.”

Likewise, to live is to Love.

Love.
Portuguese grandma:)
It needs no words, but actions.


When I was looking after those children in Germany, would words be of use?
When I was living with a lady from Portugal, would words be of use?
When I was passing by a homeless in Spain, would words be of us?
Elizabeth's grandparents from Poland
When I was living with two elderly people from Poland, would words be of use?

Everything but words had use,
 Love was understood, that’s why...

iSHOWED it.

iSHARED it.

A message does not need to be spoken, but rather only demonstrated through living- through bEING.

“Speak about your message only when you are asked,
 but live so that people ask about your message.”





Love conquers all.








1 comment:

  1. Very , very beautiful Donata!! great job on EVERYTHING :)

    ReplyDelete