Tuesday, July 24, 2012

HAIFA!

Baha'i Gardens
One can't pass by Haifa without admiring the beauty expressed by nature in the Baha'i gardens. With a daily staff of over 100 gardeners a day
to maintain just the precision of the symmetricity of the gardens.

I happened to meet someone from the Baha'i faith from my class,
who described the focal points of the Baha'i faith:

UNITY
in humanity as we are 1 human race,
where we come from 1 common source.

sounds perfect for today as we as humans fall into our own weaknesses of pride and greed to want to be a somebody recognized by worldly standards of wealth and power.

The other day, it was the birthday of somebody I had met just a few days ago. When I greeted her, she said that she didn't want anything special. Although I didn't know her well, I thought of an idea to make a small card with everyone's signature from the class. When I presented to her, she was very surprised and asked openingly to who had drawn the card. I chose not to mention anything as humbleness in heart, mind and soul makes no room for pride because...

we are equal, no one is better than the other
 we must see the OTHER as our own...
Neighbour, Friend, and even BROTHER/ SISTER.

...so UNITY is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment