Sunday, May 6, 2012

Today.

last word: it (marathon) signifies the struggle of desiring to
 change within.
There IS little need to look outward when we are blind to see within.


This marathon has given me sight 
to what I can do and who I want to be.
that is...


to BE the change you want to SEE in the world. (Gandhi)


I ran for the belief of knowing that a better world- a united one
where UNITY exists between cultures, ethnic groups, rich and poor, believers and non-believers because I experienced it first-hand last year and couldn't stop but share it with others (more so live it out). So the money I fundraise goes towards other young people who can share in a similar experience called "GENFEST." (check 26 days left post). 


Although I'm shy of my goal, I'm still asking more sponsors!


To end off: anyone CAN do a marathon. summed up in one word: dedication. just like anything else in life. You must stay dedicated to your goal and driven beyond yourself.


Finishing Time: 4 hours 10 minutes 5 seconds. 23/52 (24 and under group). 265/665 W










1 comment:

  1. UNO donata.. elaine from india... soo happy to know your commitment... straight from your heart....very proud of u and just wanna tell you... count on my unity..hear in mumbai doing my part..... to live... for 1 reason. u know it!!! UNO!!!

    elaine barreto
    gen 2
    india

    ReplyDelete