Thursday, September 23, 2010

just an ordinary girl.

There's so much I can update with words or pictures, but the experience I'm having is so much more than that. It's really indescribable because the feeling of joy that is contained in my heart is more than just temporary or tangible. It's a joy that comes from above-God. The girls that I'm living with, all 50 of them from around the world, different cultures, religions, backgrounds, but nonetheless we all try to love each other, placing others before ourselves as we build this true united family. Sometimes we fail, but we always start again.

This weekend we will be traveling to ROMA for the celebration of a ordinary girl who lived an extraordinary life. Her name is Chiara Luce Badano (1971-1990) (not the Chiara I mentioned earlier). She will be beautified this Saturday  as she is on her way to becoming a "saint." A saint in our day and age and she exemplifies how each and every one of us can do the same.

John Paul II said "Don't be afraid to become saints young people."

A glimpse into an ordinary girl...


She wrote to Chiara (Foundress of the Focolare Movement): “I rediscovered Jesus Forsaken in a special way.” She was referring to one of the key point of the spirituality of unity, when Jesus on the cross cried out, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” (Mt 27:46). When Jesus felt the abandonment of his Father on the cross, it was the deepest suffering of all. In November of that year she wrote again: “I discovered that Jesus Forsaken is the key to unity and I want to choose him as my spouse and be ready for when he comes. I want to prefer him! I realized that I can find him in those who are far from him, in all atheists, and that I must love them in a very special way, without expecting anything at all for myself.” 


 She had a lot of friends. To those who asked her if she talked about Jesus to her friends, she replied: “I must not tell about Jesus, but give Jesus with my behavior.”


Her testimony of faith, love and hope gives me a strength to look past little worries and obstacles I have day in and out. Her suffering only brought her more into her relationship with God who loves her, me, and you IMMENSELY. 


For anyone interested in reading more about her... [Chiara Badano]

Also the Beautification that I will be attending along with 15 000 people will be streamed on TV and Internet from 10am -12pm Eastern Time in Canada [Chiara Luce Badano Live Transmission]









No comments:

Post a Comment