Sunday, September 26, 2010

Unbelievable

indescribable, beautiful, amazing.....but i don't think there's a word in the dictionary to describe what I feel after witnessing the beautification of Chiara Luce. its almost surreal. She gave me a taste of heaven.

Listening to the mass despite not being able to understand much of it... I didn't want to leave. I was so drawn by her life and how she lived every moment to its fullest- in the midst of all her suffering. She loved fully the people who were around her and the greatest of all she loved God. When she asked Why? Jesus? Why? a few moments later she answered "If you want it Jesus, I want it (suffering) too."

After the mass, we headed to St. Peter's Square, inside a grand hall with 8000 people and another 5000 outside...there were even more people at the mass. The sharing of her life in every moment from childhood to the end of her earthly life was so incredible. Her life has made me feel how much God loves each and every one of us- his unconditional love is truly shown in her life.

At the end when her parents now in their 70's were on stage shared about moments with their daughter were the most beautiful in her suffering. I couldn't stop but tear a little when Chiara told her mom in the last moments, "Ciao Momma...Be Happy! because I am!"

Her life just doesn't end after this, it will continue to live on as she has paved the way for young people to reach sainthood.

I feel so blessed and so loved by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment