Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pictures :)

Arabic Food - Chicken+ Pastry with minced beef + salad :)
[on the weekends we get to enjoy awesome food made by people of different countries]
Brazilian Food-Pork with Rice+ Bean with Pork + Salad
Sept 12- We took a beautiful walk to this "lago" (Lake)
but it was more like a pond.
The nature around is stunning!
Sept 12- We attempted to climb on this rock and take pictures.
Laura (Columbia) is holding onto Mariam (Palestine)
I finally go onto this rock..and this picture is
with Joselyn (India), Mariam, and Stephanie (Ecuador)
So Michelle (left) and Ula (both from Philiphines) started this trend of jumping off the fence.
There's a funny story to this as I was on the fence with Anna (Australia)
and it's really hard to balance on it....and being CLUMSY as I am.

While I was on the fence, I lost my balance and practically fell into the lake,
there's a hilarious picture to show this (but not gonna post it!)
From Left: Vicky (Jordan), Mariam (Palestine), Anna (Australia), Laura (Netherlands)
I didn't fall this time....
they look red...they're no sunburnt...the photo was just not at the right setting
this is the picture of the day....the epic jumping pictures, but being the photographer (I wasn't in it)
Anna (Australia) looks the best I must say (third from the left)-dunno what she's doing
Sept 14 Night- We had our "Secret Amigo" Night"-
we played this game where each person in the house has a friend
that they needed to do small acts of love for the whole week..
I folded my friend a crane, painted a picture on a rock, gave her candy,
gave her a shoulder massage, wrote her a card. All this time she doesn't know it's me.
Then on Sept 14, we had to prepare a big gift for them and
 we found out who our secret friend was!
 I thought to play a prank. So I got a box and filled it with stuff that belonged 
to the friend that I had: her vitamins, hair gel, a passport, but then obviously
 I included a braceletfor her which was her actual present;)

My friend that i got was "Shatha" from Jordan...
So the person that had me gave me
blow up balloon animals all week, and her final gift,
she gave me a rubber ducky?
 that I had to model the whole night.
sorta embarassing...
Sept 15- this is another good dish we have...Egg omelet with Ham and Cheese
we eat cheese with everything! but it's soooo GOOD...on the right is a potato
it was fried...(as you can see I only ate one)
These beautiful flowers outside the house..it's filled with these flowers all around!
Our House!- as you can see the sign says "Scuola Gen"-Gen School
in english....it's where 50 youth ("gen")
 come together from around the world.
and have participate in a formation ("school of Life")
trying to live our spirituality
of unity called "Focolare."
Everyday and every moment trying to live the words of the Gospel
and building a community where love is the only rule.
thought to take a picture of this cute bambino (baby) outside
the church...he's half flip and italian
Sept 15- Here we were waiting for the 5 gen guys to arrive
 vs the 50 gen girls. We introduced ourselves,
 where we come from, how long we are staying and etc.
So since they were late, and we were just posing for pictures.
So Maria from Korea (in the middle with two peace signs)
she always poses with a peace sign around her eye.
So we thought to pose like that to show how much we love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment