Sunday, November 14, 2010

some thoughts

CIAO tutti :)
questa settimana, io ho fatto una promessa con Clarinha delle Brazile per uno giorno- no posso parlare inglese. SOLO ITALIANO.

okay that's about it for my italian...probably not grammatically correct but what i said there was that: this week, i made a promise with Clarinha from Brazil for one day- I can't speak english - only italian. I failed a few times, but other than that I was actually able to commit to it. So since coming to Italy...I've just fell in LOVE...
with learning languages...in my "stanza (room)" I'm with two girls from Ecuador...and they said they would teach me spanish once I master italian...seriously anybody that comes from a spanish speaking country begins to understand italian within the first day, and starts speaking within the first week. I started to understand the basic italian after around 3 weeks, started speaking around that time too. Now I can mostly understand everything...not when they speak super fast, and speaking is improving...but It's unbelievable how easy it is for them...also the portuguese speaking girls. I have found a passion in just learning about the culture and language of all the girls that are here...

interesting things...

1) south americans all brush their teeth after every meal ..at least 3 times a day
they think I'm so "dirty" because I brush twice a day...
2) south americans for every single thing they eat have to add salt before even trying the food...they enjoying clogging their arteries :)
3) brazilians are extremely loud, crazy, love to bite people (or a few of them do)
4) when people greet you they will kiss you on the cheek...not actually touch your cheek, but a kiss..even strangers you just meet...hugging isn't common
5) when I went to florence, there were gelato, panini, and cafe shops EVERYWHERE...like we have mcD's or timmy's
6) in europe...they have a sesta midday...after lunch until around 3pm where everything is closed except supermarkets or convenience stores...its their break to sleep, eat, and relax...i LOVE IT
7) Koreans here love their...THEIR food...and whenever they can they put spicy taste in their foods
8) Vietnamese are conservative and i love when they speak italian or english...i can't help but imitate it in my head.
9) When the girls from Jordan, Palestine speak arabic...even when they are calm speaking to eachother...their language sounds like they are angry at eachother
10) all these things i mentioned are all things that i've learned to love and admire because every culture is so different ....but I have to say that i love brazilians....and I will definitely go there one day because ...

they are wild, crazy, loud and get so excited over CHOCOLATE.
and you probably have seen a lot of pictures with me and Clara (Clarinha) from Brazil...she's kinda awesome and a new found bestie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment