Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 6

Coming to the last day in Egypt after an unforgettable 10 days of traveling through the "dangerous" Sinai to getting stuck in Dahab for a night to snorkeling as I admired the life underwater then finally arriving in the crazy city of Cairo then enjoying the relaxation of the seashores of Alexandria, standing above the famous Giza pyramids, riding the Nile river on the slowest boat ever, smoking shisha in the Khali el Khalili markets and finding the best drink ever: 4 EGP (60 cents) Guava milkshake!



Above all the memories of the places are the people I spent it with because without them
it wouldn't be nearly the same.
Despite the different culture,
background, age, ethnicity,
where there's love, there's life.
and life is living each present moment to its fullest.

for me, fullest is defined
not in doing much, but doing less
not in being much, but being less
less for oneself, but more for others.
I'm constantly reminded of these words especially when I'm trying to figure out travel plans, it's easy to simply lose myself in thinking of the next location I need to be and the next person I need to meet, while forgetting the place and the person in front of me.

"He who lives in the present, lives eternally." (Ludwig Wittgenstein) 

No comments:

Post a Comment