Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 7

traveling in Sinai from Taba to Dahab to Cairo
A few days ago as I was sitting comfortably on the couch, I heard news of 15 Egyptian soldiers being killed in the Sinai region of Egypt due to terror attacks, then the next day a Canadian male using another Egyptian's identity was arrested in affiliation with the terrorist attacks. What a great time to be in Egypt, well at least I'm in Cairo at the moment. To say the least, getting to Cairo from Jerusalem was one crazy story as the journey to Eilat was smooth, crossing the border wasn't a big deal at Taba, getting the visa took some time, but then from Taba (Israel-Egypt border) was where the adventure started. You had many Egyptians telling you that the road from Taba to Cairo was closed and now looking back I know understand why. Not only because of some Bedouin kidnappings a few months ago (they are extremely friendly people), but because of terrorist attacks that happen near the Gaza Strip which is near North Sinai region.

When you are constantly bombarded with news stories that literally tear your heart into pieces,
you wonder when will they, Egyptians, Palestinians, Israelis find peace?
Who am I kidding to say they...
it's not they...but me, you, WE, US.
pictures describe better than words

by way of LOVE rather than indifference...
as yesterday I was waiting to enter the Egyptian museum, when a few Egyptians approached me asking to do a survey. After they had finished asking me about my opinion, I started to ask them about their experiences after the revolution (Egyptian regime of Mubarak was overthrown last February 2011). 
They believed in what I had mentioned earlier that there hasn't been much that has changed


because they reiterated that change is not around you.
change is in me, in you, in US.

But I forgot to mention that when they first came up to me, I had to change myself in not thinking that they were just another few annoying salespeople that roam everywhere in Egypt, 
but changing the way I thought by not judging... 

The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking.
 It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.
 (Albert Einstein)

1 comment:

  1. Not all the Egyptian are annoying salespeople,, although there are many of them, but the majority is totally different

    p.s

    smile :)

    ReplyDelete