Wednesday, April 18, 2012

19 Days Left.

last word: love calls us to be selfLESS.


anyone who has had a child can tell you that love becomes selfLESS, not that I would know fully about that but I've heard from many others. We are born as the most selfish little beings, where the whole world revolves around us. When we are hungry, we cry, when we don't like something, we scream and when we feel tired, we yell. You get the point, but as we grow up we start to realize that the world isn't all about us. We must learn through the examples of others how to think about OTHERS rather than ourselves. So our lives start from being the most selfish to becoming and learning how to be selfLESS.

How to put others before ourself,
                            how to think and care for others,
                                                        how to place the needs of others before that of ourselves.

We start as receiving all the love we want
and need to learn how to share and give this love to others.

it starts with the smallest things,
love can be just a simple smile when we feel down,
love can be giving half of your sandwich to someone,
love can be introducing yourself to someone alone,
love can be listening to someone with a heavy heart,
love can be lending a shoulder to someone hurt,
love can be saying sorry after a disagreement,
love can be thinking of others before yourself...

love costs  to who gives, but is free to whom given.

anyone that knows me knows that I'm extremely cheap, when I went shopping as a kid, I did pack my lunch when everyone ate at the food court. A few days ago, I was debating whether to attend all 3 events for the bachelorette party this weekend because I knew it would come up to a lot of money. I was thinking of just attending one of the events because I wanted to be there of course. But the more I thought about it and thought about it in her shoes, the more I realized I wanted to just attend one because I wasn't going for HER, but rather for myself. Because it would costs less. But then, I realized if I were to really love...

I'm going to go to the whole thing because it would costs MORE...
Love costs to who gives, but is free to whom given. 

and that's LOVE 4 you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment