Sunday, April 15, 2012

22 days left.

today's training: not sure exactly how many km's; ran for a good 2.5 hours
feeling: drenched

the weatherman was finally right this time. 90% showers. it definitely rained hard. By the end, I was pretty satisfied that it was over and done with, although you start the first hour feeling great, the next few seem much more challenging. Especially because I had lost my running group from the start, then the rain started and never stopped. I was drenched, but you know I thoroughly enjoy running...yeah RIGHT.

anyways,
last word: be the first2LOVE.
well I guess it started with the dinner I attended tonight and as always being the first2LOVE means being the last of all, which means at the service of others. So before the dinner had even started, my stomach was growling and dying of hunger. However I was helping with serving the food, so I really had to forget about myself. Finally when I was able to sit down to eat something, I had to get back up to serve the next few plates. As I mentioned, love truly means putting our own needs and desire aside to place OTHERS before ourself.  After the dinner with all the leftover food, I went home twice to grab some extra containers to share all the food with others. So I ended up staying until the very end with all the washing, cleaning and to be at the service of my brothers and sisters. Not to mention, italian exam tomorrow at 9am.

but as Mother Teresa once said, "Intense love does not measure, it just gives."




No comments:

Post a Comment